[Fellowship-Slovenia] Free Software and law related links 27.VI.2011 - 3.VII.2011

Matija Šuklje hook at fsfe.org
Mon Jul 4 22:27:24 UTC 2011

Yet again, I would like to thank Natalia for the great help with gathering
of these articles and links.

Amongst the things I would like to point out for you this week is an
interesting find by the 451 Group that lately many companies are omitting
"open source" as the term to describe their business (see Free Software
Business section). Why this is so they might (try to) explain in the near
future.

As there really seems not a week can pass without software patent
disputes, I would like you to check out the newest happenings in the Oracle
vs. Google case and who won the bid of Nortel's massive patent portfolio
(both in Software Patents section). While you're at it, I would warmly
suggest that you also read Bessen's Generation of Software Patents.

ACTA and it's successor TPPA were also present this week as you can see
below in the Copyright and Other Legal Act Reforms section.

With great pleasure I have seen the IFOSSLB book mentioned in Groklaw —
this should be a handy reference to anyone who has to do with legal aspects
of Free Software (Free Software Licensing section).

Full text on:
Free Software and law related links 27.VI.2011 - 3.VII.2011
http://matija.suklje.name/?q=node/250

lp,
Matija
--
FSFE Legal koordinator
in Koordinator Fellowship skupine Slovenija
e-mail: hook at fsfe.org    █▉█▉█▉ || priv. e-mail: matija at suklje.name
xmpp: hook at jabber.fsfe.org ▉▉   || priv. xmpp: matija.suklje at gabbler.org
sip: hook at ekiga.net             || gsm: +386 41 849 552