[edu-team] [NLedu] Online workspace for the Dutch team

Jan Stedehouder jan at stedehouder.org
Wed Nov 30 09:07:25 CET 2011

Good morning Guido and all :)

> I see the need for an easy online platform with a low threshold for
> participation and it is also important that the platform is available
> in Dutch. Since we don't have the admin manpower to set-up something
> like that, I totally understand Jan to go and pick something like
> pleio.nl or google docs. On the other hand, FSFE can't go and
> recommend using these platforms.

Just out of curiosity. I can understand the reservations about Google
Docs, but less about Pleio. It is build on Elgg.

> OK, so what we have so far is:
>
>   for dutch speaking people
> 1. https://www.pleio.nl/pg/groups/502596/campagne-open-onderwijstoegang/
>   allows file storage and collaboration
>
>   for collaboration on texts
> 2. https://nledu.etherpad.fsfe.org/
>
>   and two google docs:
> 3. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rtaDQDYWgSJmr2d81Uh2IWBoKab6aeCD_DEk80OaSDU/edit
> 4. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uY3RW1RrbD3yZqFTGA4NWJezrVkLRMYJYZRWqwZ-Tts/edit

Both documents are end-of-life already. I've moved the English
campaign plan to the workspace on Pleio.

>   the campaign page on fsfe.org:
> 5. https://fsfe.org/campaigns/nledu/nledu.en.html
>
>   an Identi.ca account:
> 6. http://identi.ca/fsfenl
>   being mirrored to
> 7. http://twitter.com/#!/fsfenl
>   only one dent/tweet so far
>
>   the NL mailing list
> 8. https://mail.fsfeurope.org/mailman/listinfo/fsfe-nl
>   which hasn't really been used for the campaign yet.
>
>   a newly created mailing list for private discussions is also
>   available:
>
>   and of course Jan's homepage:
> 10.http://www.janstedehouder.nl/
>
> Please let me know if I missed something.
>
> Looks a kind of messy to me, but it still can work. We all just need
> to be aware that these platforms exist and can be used and how and
> by whom.

I agree. It's the collateral damage of a campaign that appeared out of
the blue ;-)

> What's still missing is a kind of
> "who-works-on-what-and-what-else-needs-to-be-done" tracker. But we
> could open a pad on #2 to have a quick'n'dirty solution for that.

I will take care of that. It will be a mirror of the list on Pleio:

https://www.pleio.nl/pg/pages/view/505393/klussenlijst

> The most active part on the listed platforms above is Jan's homepage.
> It contains the initial announcement, the petition and is frequently
> being updated. That's all good. The rest of the things above are still
> very inactive.

I've asked the Planet FSFE team to add a specific feed from my website
to the planet.

The Pleio space is active at the moment. I will discuss with Mark the
use of the various mailing lists and the microblog accounts. There is
a lot going on in microblog sphere (tags #nledu and #ictovergewicht),
just not via the specific account.

Take care

Jan