[edu-team] [NLedu] Online workspace for the Dutch team

Guido Arnold guido at fsfe.org
Tue Nov 29 16:45:55 CET 2011

Hello all,

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 05:15:44PM +0100, Jan Stedehouder wrote:

> My friends, I appreciate your suggestions. However, most of the volunteers
> and supporters on our team are not as tech savvy as you. They have no
> experience with SVN or Git. Of course, we all can learn, but at this point
> in the campaign the Dutch team can work with the Pleio options.

I see the need for an easy online platform with a low threshold for
participation and it is also important that the platform is available
in Dutch. Since we don't have the admin manpower to set-up something
like that, I totally understand Jan to go and pick something like
pleio.nl or google docs. On the other hand, FSFE can't go and
recommend using these platforms.

OK, so what we have so far is:

   for dutch speaking people
1. https://www.pleio.nl/pg/groups/502596/campagne-open-onderwijstoegang/
   allows file storage and collaboration

   for collaboration on texts
2. https://nledu.etherpad.fsfe.org/

   and two google docs:
3. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rtaDQDYWgSJmr2d81Uh2IWBoKab6aeCD_DEk80OaSDU/edit
4. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uY3RW1RrbD3yZqFTGA4NWJezrVkLRMYJYZRWqwZ-Tts/edit

   the campaign page on fsfe.org:
5. https://fsfe.org/campaigns/nledu/nledu.en.html

   an Identi.ca account:
6. http://identi.ca/fsfenl
   being mirrored to
7. http://twitter.com/#!/fsfenl
   only one dent/tweet so far

   the NL mailing list
8. https://mail.fsfeurope.org/mailman/listinfo/fsfe-nl
   which hasn't really been used for the campaign yet.

   a newly created mailing list for private discussions is also
   available:

   and of course Jan's homepage:
10.http://www.janstedehouder.nl/

Please let me know if I missed something.

Looks a kind of messy to me, but it still can work. We all just need
to be aware that these platforms exist and can be used and how and
by whom.

What's still missing is a kind of
"who-works-on-what-and-what-else-needs-to-be-done" tracker. But we
could open a pad on #2 to have a quick'n'dirty solution for that.

The most active part on the listed platforms above is Jan's homepage.
It contains the initial announcement, the petition and is frequently
being updated. That's all good. The rest of the things above are still
very inactive.

The more different platforms we have, the more it looks as nothing is
happening, because a random visitor only sees a fraction of what is
going on.

I suggest to move all discussions in dutch that can be made publicly
to take place at the fsfe-nl mailing list #8.

Everything confidential can be discussed on #9 either in Dutch or
English.

If texts need to be drafted, feel free to use #2.

The microblogging accounts #6 #7 should be used as well as the hashtag.
Who is maintaining them? Jan and Mark? Everybody interested in this
matter should start following this account.

If everybody agrees, I'll change the FSFE page #5 to have interested
people sign up to #8 and have people who want to contact us regarding
the matter write to #9. This doesn't cover people who want to stay
informed, but can't read Dutch, but we can deal with that later.

Jan, I will make you also admin of #9, please feel free to add whoever
you consider part of the campaign and who needs to stay informed about
what is going on internally.

Greetings,

Guido

--
Guido Arnold                       Free Software Foundation Europe
http://blogs.fsfe.org/guido      []         Edu team & German team