NLedu campaign plan, draft

iain murdoch iain.murdoch1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 16:36:19 CET 2011

Great campaign, I hope it works. I have limited time to contribute but
please keep me on the mailing list and i'll do what I can when I can.
One point for the proposed campaign. I think we need to show people what
the alternatives to the propriety systems are. For example, if we say
Silverlight, Adobe, etc are too restrictive, we should present something
that can be used as a replacement. Many of the people we need to influence
in the campaign might not be familiar with computer software. We need to
make life as easy as possible when presenting alternatives. Propriety
software will ocntinue to be used as long as people don't know about the
alternative options.

If we give clear examples of software that does respect user freedom this
will help people / organisations to switch and not continue to use
propriety systems.
Regards
Iain