[Freedomvote] Freedomvote for Bundestagswahl?

Nico Rikken nico at nicorikken.eu
Wed Mar 15 07:20:41 CET 2017

Hi Nicolas,

Great timing, as the Dutch elections are finalizing today. If I
understood correctly, Erik Albers was interested in running for the
German elections. Or at least knew others who did.
Around Fosdem I understood from Erik Albers that in the German system
the voters have 2 votes: 1 for a party, 1 for a person. I didn't look
into this in detail. How does that pan out in terms of UI?

I evaluated the UX of two prominent Dutch voting websites. Do you know
how that relates to the German voting system?
https://github.com/nicorikken/frontend/blob/9d5559f94702170baaf424778f6c3c8cde87f7c0/doc/ui-evaluation.md
In that regard I think the mockups of the UI are awesome, I'm however
not sure if the user experience of the voting itself is the best setup.
As I observe that nearly all Dutch voting platforms have a different
UX, and just this difference confuses people filling in the Freedomvote
website.

Anyway, my mind is already turning to different projects, but
nonetheless I'd like to contribute to a next iteration of Freedomvote.
Let's keep this fire burning!

Kind regards,
Nico Rikken