[Free-RTC] should Linux distributions include a softphone?

johnc johnc at aktivix.org
Wed Jan 13 12:11:13 CET 2016

Hi Daniel,

I think that is a really good idea. It is possible to include a
functional softphone though. E.g. the team behind sflphone (now ring)
have recently added p2p functionality to their softphone. It supports
SIP for more traditional hub topologies also. It could be configured as
part of the Debian install process.

https://ring.cx/

Another client we could make pretty much make work out of the box is tox
https://tox.chat/

Kind Regards,
John