[Free-RTC] should Linux distributions include a softphone?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Wed Jan 13 11:43:14 CET 2016

I sent an email on the debian-devel mailing list about the way Debian
chooses which softphone to distribute:

For a long time, I feel that distributions have not given this a lot of
thought, they just install whatever is part of the desktop environment,
even if it is not fully functional.  This is one reason people don't
have a lot of confidence in free softphones and I feel it also
undermines confidence in free software in general.

It would be really helpful if people could give their feedback on this
issue in Debian and if you use another Linux distribution, start a
similar discussion on their mailing list and send a link to it here.

Regards,

Daniel