[Free-RTC] Lumicall update, FOSDEM in February

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Jan 22 14:48:46 CET 2013

Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.com.au>
> On 22/01/13 00:19, MJ Ray wrote:
> > Who else just got Blind-Carbon-Copied on an email about that?  I think
> > it would be better to send announcements to lists and other social
> > networks rather than get yourself dropped into the spam lists.
>
> When people install earlier versions of Lumicall, their email address is
> collected for administrative purposes, but not automatically added to
> any list.  So this was a once off email - people who don't choose to
> subscribe to the list won't get further emails.

I'm pretty sure it didn't ask for my consent to use it for
even a once off email.  I don't know if Australian law has a loophole
so you didn't require consent and I'm not going to take it that far.
I'll just feel a bit grumpy about it ;-)

But thank you for no longer harvesting email addresses in new Lumicall.

[...]
> I'd be interested in any feedback you have about it, if it doesn't work
> or behaves badly, the logcat output can be very helpful.

OK, I'll send anything I gather next time.

> Also, you need to be subscribed to the lumicall-users list to post there.

It's a bit rude cross-posting to that closed list, then!

Regards,