[Free-RTC] Lumicall update, FOSDEM in February

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Tue Jan 22 10:14:09 CET 2013

On 22/01/13 00:19, MJ Ray wrote:
> Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.com.au>
>
>> I'll be at FOSDEM (1-3 February) and would be very keen to meet any
>> Lumicall users or anybody interested in VoIP/RTC in general.  Please
>> come (or encourage your friends to come) to our session [...]
>>
> Who else just got Blind-Carbon-Copied on an email about that?  I think
> it would be better to send announcements to lists and other social
> networks rather than get yourself dropped into the spam lists.

When people install earlier versions of Lumicall, their email address is
collected for administrative purposes, but not automatically added to
any list.  So this was a once off email - people who don't choose to
subscribe to the list won't get further emails.

The latest version of Lumicall doesn't even ask the user to submit their
email address, I've taken the attitude that asking for less information
is better - every extra request for information deters some people from
completing any particular registration form.

> I won't be at FOSDEM, but I should (if we thaw) be at The Phone Co-op
> meeting on 2 February, if anybody else interested in VoIP/RTC will be
> there.  I may reinstall Lumicall if I can clear enough space on my
> phone, to show to other co-op-ers, if it works for me.

I'd be interested in any feedback you have about it, if it doesn't work
or behaves badly, the logcat output can be very helpful.

Also, you need to be subscribed to the lumicall-users list to post there.

http://lists.lumicall.org/wws/subscribe/lumicall-users