Youth Hacking 4 Freedom

Daniele "Mte90" Scasciafratte mte90net at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 14:36:56 UTC 2021

Well I started at age of 14 with books but it was 2004.

I think that is true what are you saying but to me is that it is very rare to find students that learn development outside school like us.

What is missing, IMHO, is some kind of better support structure for
those who start at a much younger age, unrelated to any school
curriculum or the like.  If they don't happen to meet a mentor or be the
kind of autodidactic person that always teaches themselves everything
from books, it can be hard.

This is the real good point of this. It is something that I saw for the Italy case on ILS when I had a call with people under 35~ years.
Also at university they need mentors maybe the new generations need more mentors compared to before as the technology is more complex then before?
Maybe also to understand that you cannot talk everywhere like Instagram but Issues/Emails/Forum are important tools.

As ILS now I am doing kind of "activities" to contribute to open source, taking as base this https://community.mozilla.org/en/activities/contributing-to-common-voice/ as university students and user groups prefer this kind of tutorials non-techie and easy to approach if alone or in a group of people.

In the end I am curious about that contest but not so much optimistic but happy to be withdraw.

Daniele Scasciafratte - OpenSource MultiVersal Guy
daniele.tech <https://daniele.tech> - @Mte90Net <https://twitter.com/Mte90net> - GitHub <https://github.com/Mte90> - Italian Linux Society council member <http://www.ils.org/> - Mozillian <https://people.mozilla.org/p/Mte90>
Mozilla Reps, Mozilla TechSpeakers, WordPress Core Contributor <https://profiles.wordpress.org/mte90>, FSFE member <https://fsfe.org/>,
LibreItalia member <http://www.libreitalia.it/soci/>, Wikimedia Italia member <https://www.wikimedia.it/> and LUG Rieti founder <http://lugrieti.linux.it/>.