[Attention] Do not follow to unsubscribe (was: Hijacking attempt by Daniel Pocock)

Erik Albers eal at fsfe.org
Thu May 2 10:59:47 UTC 2019

Dear list-subscribers,

On 02.05.19 09:43, Michael Kesper wrote:
> It seems that former fellowship representative Daniel Pocock has
> a) set up a mailing list discussion at lists.fsfellowship.eu
> b) subscribed all participants of this list (I guess)
> c) Sent an email asking people to unsubscribe from _this_ list
>
> Clearly, I did not give consent to b) nor c).
>
> I hereby ask FSFE officials to use all available legal tools against these
> eclatant DSGVO and privacy violations in order to protect its subscribers.

we are really sorry for this having happened and can ensure that the list
discussion at lists.fsfellowship.eu is not run by the FSFE nor is it in any other
way part of FSFE's infrastructure or communication channels.

IP-adresses associated with the infrastructure behind
discussion at lists.fsfellowship.eu indicate that the list is run by Daniel
Pocock. Again, we can ensure that neither Daniel Pocock nor anyone else ever
had allowance to misuse our list of subscribers for their private infrastructure.

[Attention] Meanwhile a script is being misused to unsubscribe all members of
this list discussion at lists.fsfe.org automatically without their consent. If
you like to stay on this list and you receive a mail to confirm your removal,
do not follow the link!

We will stop this attack as soon as possible and discuss the case with legal
experts to take action accordingly.

Feeling sorry for any inconvenience,
   Erik for the FSFE

--
No one shall ever be forced to use non-free software
Erik Albers | Programme Manager, Communication | FSFE