Project to stimulate Edu-FLS development

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Mon Jan 9 19:39:00 UTC 2017

(I changed the subject from FLOSS to FLS, because free (libre)
software is the way I want to describe this field.)

I see two freedom concerns, in the project description.

1. The tablet.

I think all tablets are sold with a nonfree operating system, but
maybe some tablet can run Replicant (the free version of Android).

I presume your software runs on Android.  Is the entire app free
software?  Specifically, does it avoid nonfree libraries, including
the Google Play Servics library?

2. The Raspberry Pi.

The Raspberry Pi is an unfortunate choice because it can't run _at
all_ without some nonfree software.

If what you need is a single board computer, how about recommending
one of the models that can at least start up without nonfree software?

See fsf.org/resources/hw/single-board-computers for information.

--
Dr Richard Stallman