Become a wiki caretaker!

Florian Snow floriansnow at fsfe.org
Tue Mar 1 17:52:07 UTC 2016

Hi,

Paul Hänsch <paul at fsfe.org>, Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 13:27:12 CET:
> Well, I thought it's more Wiki-Wordy..-ish...

I guess if you prefer that spelling, it's ok.  It's a minor detail
anyway.

> To be honest, your campaign came a little sudden to me.

I'm sorry we surprised you like that.  I had heard you were working on
an update to either the design or the software, but I didn't know you
were working on reorganizing the content.  Had I known that, I would
have contacted you directly first.

I like your suggestion in one of your other mails to not import
categories at this point, but to instead import all pages to a category
that essentially says "Fixme".  That way, the new wiki would still be
usable, but we could easily see which parts still need editing.

In the meantime, I will collect some sensible categories.

In your other mail, you also mentioned naming conventions as in
"Category/Sausage and Category/Vegetable".  Am I right in assuming that
this is where the category page itself would be found?  So I would put
"CategoryVegetable" on a page to assign it to the category "vegetable",
but if I want to call the category itself (for an overview of all pages
in that category, for example), I would go to "Category/Vegetable"?
Just checking because in the old wiki and in the draft set of standards,
it says every category has to start with the word "Category".

Happy hacking!
Florian

--
www:    https://wiki.fsfe.org/Fellows/floriansnow █▉