Become a wiki caretaker!

Paul Hänsch paul at fsfe.org
Tue Mar 1 12:27:12 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-01 07:56:18, Florian Snow wrote:
> Thank you for that!  I'm not trying to be picky, but is there are
> reason
> caretakers has been split into two words?

Well, I thought it's more Wiki-Wordy..-ish...

> > Please think of top level structures, categories and templates and
> set
> > them up.
>
> I'm happy to help with the migration, but I don't think we had enough
> time to think about appropriate structures yet.  We're still in a
> phase
> of collecting ideas.

To be honest, your campaign came a little sudden to me. After the Wiki
has degraded into such a bad shape over time I just started to take on
the cleanup work on my own and you catched me when the stone was
already rolling. Still in the right moment though.

> By th way, I had an idea to edit the CSS to make the wiki look more
> like
> the FSFE front page.  If this is a goal, then what would be the best
> way
> of trying out those ideas?  I currently use stylish, but that is a bit
> messy to debug.

With your fellowship account you can check out
https://svn.fsfe.org/external-web/style_wiki.fsfe.org/

So far I've been very careful not to make the style dependent on any
JavaScript, to override the python-based html-templates as little as
possible, and to not use any extensive style libraries.
I'm still updating the style occasionally, when I notice things that
look odd (probably going to happen with image and calendar pages)

--
Paul Hänsch                     █▉            Webmaster, System-Hacker
                               █▉█▉█▉