Copyrighted statues in Helsinki?

Reinhard Müller reinhard at fsfe.org
Wed Sep 9 09:02:28 UTC 2015

Hi, Vitaly,

Am 2015-09-09 um 10:54 schrieb Vitaly Repin:
> But then why some of the copyrighted
> statues are published in Wikipedia?

I have no idea. This clearly seems to be against the rules of Wikipedia
to allow only for content which is also free for commercial use. Maybe
you can ask at some Finnish Wikipedia general discussion page?

> Is it possible to organize "Wiki loves monuments" campaign
> (http://www.wikilovesmonuments.org/contest/) in Finland?  It looks
> like it is legal to upload only photo of buildings, not monuments?

It would of course also be ok to upload photos of monuments if the
copyright has expired, i.e. 70 years after the creator has died.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Müller
Free Software Foundation Europe