Copyrighted statues in Helsinki?

Alessandro Rubini rubini at gnudd.com
Wed Sep 9 10:44:06 UTC 2015

> It would of course also be ok to upload photos of monuments if the
> copyright has expired, i.e. 70 years after the creator has died.

True, and let me note how this is an incentive to kill architects and
artists (and authors in general).

A few months ago my local newspaper celebrated the liberation of "The
Little Prince" (Le Petit Prince), organizing a contest for pupils,
like "redraw and rewrite your own little prince".  The message to me
was "we are all happy the author was shot 70 years ago", but very few
noted that.

There's something awfully wrong in our rule-set.

/alessandro