education flyer suggestions

Cezary Drak cezary.drak at ii.uj.edu.pl
Tue Nov 17 02:08:54 UTC 2015

Hello dear subscribers!

On 10/25/2015 10:48 AM, Guido Arnold wrote:
> So, whoever has more ideas and suggestions, also for
> illustrations, please let us know!

I would like to add a comment on existing draft and encourage you to
take a voice in discussion. The overall draft is quite good imho, so I
would like to focus on importance of arguments.

I think it will be good idea to make some logical groups of arguments.
I see a two or three groups now, with headers which should be added to
the adequate groups:

1. Benefits of using FS in learning (it applies to both students and
teachers).
Headers: Sharing, Equality at home, Learning to program, Learning to
use software, Independence

2. Gain from using FS for schools to cut costs.
Headers: No license fees, Better use of old hardware

3. Advantages of FS for administrators:
Headers: Modifiable, Easy to administer

Second and third could be merged, because they are pretty similar.
Also headers *No trouble with licenses* and *No license fee* are
redundant and should be merged.

I would also want to give my answers to Guido questions asked in
ticket[1]:
> What are the most important points for the audience?
First group I mentioned earlier is most important, especially equality
at home, learning to **use software** and independence(this is an
issue especially at universities)

> What is the audience?
Students and teachers, but also school administration/principals.

> What do we want people to do, after they read the leaflet?
Check out FS alternatives and maybe try migrate to them. Maybe it
could be a good idea to put links for some most popular projects like
LibreOffice, Firefox etc.

Do we have graphics / pictures which help to support this goal?
To support independence argument we can use image of locked computer
or even better user chained to computer. I find some promising pictures:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/111692634@N04/11407107023/
https://pixabay.com/en/privacy-policy-data-security-445156/
https://pixabay.com/en/privacy-policy-keyboard-security-510730/

Best,
cmd

[1] https://action.fsfe.org/ticket/45
- --
Cezary Drak | Software Liberation Maniacs Kraków
All my messages should be signed with OpenPGP.
The lack of or broken signature means someone
might be impersonating me.