T-dose stand with Libreboot and Replicant hardware

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Sun Nov 22 14:22:07 UTC 2015

Hello,

Next week is T-dose, a FOSS-event in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. I will
have a stand with laptops and other devices. I can show Libreboot and
coreboot. I also have phones with Replicant. I also have a Lime2, an
alternative for the Raspberry Pi and Chromebooks with Linux.

When there are people who like to see it, Kevin Keijzer will show at
Saturday afternoon how to flash a Thinkpad with Libreboot. That's not
very easy, because you have to put a clamp on the bios-chip and flash it
from another device.

Maybe I will show Intel AMT. That's a dangerous feature in Intel CPU's.
You can completely control a machine with it, bypassing the operating
system. Even when the machine is "off".

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

https://www.vandervlis.nl/