Fwd: PGP Signing

Jann Eike Kruse jannkruse at fsfe.org
Fri Jul 18 12:25:41 UTC 2014

On 18/07/14 15:19, Allan Irving wrote:
> I follow the stuff regarding who to sign etc.
>
> So, what's the best way to keep it all in check after I receive a
> signature? Have them reupload it to a key server, preferably the main one -
> I should then download this and reupload it to my website accordingly as it
> will now contain a signature?
>
> I presume a signature takes up little space else someone with many sigs
> could find they have a massive key?

All correct!
That's a reasonable way to handle it IMO.

Some keys are a bit massive, if they have hundreds of signatures. For
example this one:

 http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD2BB0D0165D0FD58

Best,
Jann

--
Sent with open-source Free Software. Respect your freedoms!
Send me encrypted messages for privacy. OpenPGP key: 8a30148a