firefox, iceweasel, burningdog, icecat, ...

Reinhard Mueller mueller at fsfeurope.org
Fri Oct 31 10:38:00 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, den 31.10.2008, 10:57 +0100 schrieb Andreas K. Foerster:
> We are - at least I am - talking about the freedom of choice for the
> users!

Somebody who has to install and use the proprietary flash player to view
content (because, for example, gnash isn't able yet to display it) does
*not* have the freedom of choice.

It does of course make sense to give somebody who is chained to
proprietary software by proprietary data formats or protocols as much
freedom as possible, but telling these people that they "may" keep their
left foot caught in a trap while they walk free with their right foot is
"freedom of choice" isn't quite to the point, IMHO.

Thanks,
Reinhard