Boycott Trend Micro

Wiebe van der Worp wiebe at vrijschrift.org
Mon Feb 11 09:55:22 UTC 2008

Sam Liddicott wrote:
> The argumentof that website seems to be to boycott Trend Micro because it uses software patents whiich are all bogus.

... one of the arguments but I guess you base your opinion on what you
read at the boycott main page...

> The argument is to weak to take beyond those who already opose software patents.
>
> The counter argument is that they are doing their best to work legitimately in a broken system and any 3rd party is bound to conclude that a differing of opinion on software patents (a matter they had not considered before) hardly warrants a boycott.
>
> I think a stronger and clearer case needs making that on that website.

Ok, the press release covers more arguments
http://www.scriptumlibre.org/Press_Release_Boycott_Trend_Micro

But if you think it is important to mention more arguments on the main
page that is possible of course. On the other hand there is a logical
order top down on that page I don't want to disturb. I.e. teaser
(cartoon), short intro (yes, no depth), act, learn more, stay up to date.