Brave GNU World

Christoph Neuroth christoph at deshalbfrei.org
Wed Jan 25 18:39:40 UTC 2006

Hi :)

For the people still interested in the issue: I have just started to work on a
clean template based on the current .html file, which is
a) not valid XHTML
b) not very acessible (e.g. tables instead of lists, no accesskeys)

I haven't mentioned this before, but I think acessibility is a *very*
important matter to *all* GNU homepages. We want everyone to be able to get
information about free software, this includes persons with certain
disabilities. I'm not an expert on acessible web pages yet, but that's one of
the things I want to learn about more in the future.

After I finished my work on the new template, it is time to decide on a CMS.
Personally, I'm still unsure between Serendipity and Typo3. Serendipity will
be the simpler solution for this specific task, but Typo3 is way more
flexible. E.g. maybe there will be other GNU homepages that need a CMS too in
future, so we could just add them to the Typo3-Installation - typo3 can
handle thousand of pages, each with different HTML templates, multiple
languages, and everything else you could think of. Additionally, Typo3 is
good to build accessible web pages (there was a German award for acessible
sites called "BIENE" and IIRC three of ten winning sites were run by Typo3).

OK, that for now, I'm back to clean up the template file.

regards, Chris
--
Christoph 'delmonico' Neuroth
http://www.delmonico.de