Copyright T-Shirt

Alessandro Rubini rubini at ar.linux.it
Mon May 10 15:34:52 UTC 2004

> In a free world copyright is not necessary. Think about this.

"If all people were good" is not interesting utopia.

Therefore, the only way I can read your statement is "to achieve
freedom[1] you don't need copyright".  Unfortunately, this is
false. Software companies will just go on with contracts that
resctrict more than what copyright mandates; publishers of other media
will just join with similar contract.

And copyleft won't be effective any more.

Not for me, thanks. I prefer copyright -- although I agree that
current copyright laws are more and more insane.

[1] we agree that freedom in this context only refers to information freedom.

/alessandro