Copyright T-Shirt

Ricardo Andere de Mello gandhi at quilombodigital.org
Mon May 10 15:04:24 UTC 2004

Wim De Smet wrote:

> Kevin Boergens wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I joined the people working at the FSFE-Booth on this year's LinuxTag
>> and have therefore a question:
>> I would like to wear a t-shirt showing a large copyright sign that is
>> crossed out.
>> But I'm not sure if this contradicts the philosophy of the FSF.
>>
>> Any advice welcome,
>>    Kevin
>>

> Well,
>
> since the GNU GPL is based on copyright I think it's fair to say that
> de fsf(e) is not anti-copyright.

maybe fsfe, but, as far as I know, fsf (stallman) is against copyright.
GPL "uses" copyright for self protection, but this does not means it
believes in copyright. It's just like "use the same weapons".

In a free world copyright is not necessary. Think about this.

[]s, gandhi

--
Ricardo Andere de Mello
Quilombo Digital - Presidente