More info on the FLA?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Feb 6 15:02:25 UTC 2003

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 05:36:41PM +0000, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> > Generally questions about the FLA should be posted to
> > fla at fsfeurope.org.
> [...]
> > It was discussed among the FSFs, the lawyers we work with on a regular
> > basis and also the associate organizations and people we work with on
> > a normal basis.
>
> I don't understand why the FSFs aren't more open/public with their
> dealings but surely that is another long thread in itself.

It is a long thread.
Note that if you want to get involved
helping the FSFs on topic you always find a way.

Much work is most effectively done among a small group of people
and then later discussed with a wide audience.
With publishing the FLA now we enter the public discussion stage.

The problem addressed by the FLA itself
is known for long in the Free Software community and its existance
was analysed at many places. Also that the FSFE was thinking about the issue.
It was in last years talk by Georg at the LSM in Bordeaux for instance.
Anybody willing to help and approaching the FSFs was welcome.

> >  co> Will there be an FSF-e presence at FOSDEM?
>
> > There will be a booth and several of the FSF Europe members (including
> > myself).
>
> FOSDEM just gets better...

Well, FoSDEM tries to focus on technical things,
they try to avoid getting involved too deeply into "political" issues.
This is why you don't here much about political happening
in the Free Software community around FoSDEM.