It's happening now! where are you???

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Feb 5 13:20:44 UTC 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 08:39:25AM +0100, Jan Wildeboer wrote:
> Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>
> >I have to disagree with that, one other way is just to ignore the
> >spam.
>
> ANd I disagree with that.
>
> 7 mails to this lost today - 7 fo them spam. Time to act IMHO. It is my
> bandwidth that is abused.

We do have filters in place and they are constantly improved.
They never can be perfect.

To use moderator for this list would have the downsides
that the discussion would be slowed down considerably
until we find _many_ volenteers because it is more effort.

So we have to decide between the two negative side effects.
With the current filters in place I think that just throwing away
the occasional spam works fine. If the spam rate raises more
we need to think about more options.

I really don't like spam.
Please help efforts like
	http://spam.abuse.net/
	http://www.cauce.org/
	http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html

to do something against spam on a more general level.