GNU Hurd

Joerg Schilling schilling at fokus.gmd.de
Wed Mar 20 08:41:05 UTC 2002

>From wolfgang at pro-linux.de Tue Mar 19 16:15:27 2002

>Yes, it was 30 bits. Ruby uses the least significant bit for marking an
>object as a Fixnum and the resulting number is still signed. The error
>codes of the Hurd need 31 bits (and are thus unsigned), because Mach
>uses some upper bits to encode error system and subsystem numbers in
>error values. But that was only one of many issues with Ruby on the
>Hurd, and while we have a Debian package thanks to Moritz' work, the
>upstream version doesn't compile yet.

Then libschily with it's comerr() error printing family will have no problem
It works under the assumption that there is no error text if errno is negative.

Jörg

       js at cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       schilling at fokus.gmd.de		(work) chars I am J"org Schilling

 FOKUS at CeBIT Hall 11, A14 - BerliOS at CeBIT Hall 11 D11 (Future Market)

 Meet me at CeBIT in Hall 11 D11 on the BerliOS booth - www.berlios.de