Dilema

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Mar 19 00:43:37 UTC 2002

John Tapsell <tapselj0 at cs.man.ac.uk> wrote:
> I will be selling them the product on the basis that it will save them money
> - - if indeed it does, and they make back the money they paid me, does that
> still count as me 'screwing as much money as possible out of [them]' ?

I presume that you are going to make them agree to a licence agreement that
(at least) requires them to either pay you recurring fees, not distribute
originals, copies or modifications, and/or terminate their usage on your
request, so as to prevent them obtaining a copy from a second source.
Effectively, you plan to trap your customers to buying from you or junking
all they've done?  Then you can charge them as much as possible?  If so, I
think that's an entirely accurate description.

Apologies, but it is late here now, so I may be ineloquent.
--