BitKeeper licence critic

Joerg Schilling schilling at fokus.gmd.de
Thu Mar 7 22:53:06 UTC 2002

>From jeroen at dekkers.cx Thu Mar  7 22:34:35 2002

>> If FSF would have given him the money for living, I am sure that BK
>> would be under GPL now.

>I don't see why you have to take away freedom from other people. Lots
>of other ways to make money exist without limiting other people's
>freedom. You can also make money with free software, a lot of
>companies already proved that.

It looks lie you are mixing free speech with free beer.
You are talking about free speech but you really like to get free beer.

Now BK does not reduce your freedom it rather does increase your feeedom
because it gives you a better version control software.

You simply like to get more than dou did get. And yu like this by reducing
other peoples rights.

Jörg

       js at cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       schilling at fokus.gmd.de		(work) chars I am J"org Schilling