"Why we speak about Free Software" campaign

Alessandro Rubini rubini at gnu.org
Fri Sep 7 10:38:41 UTC 2001

> I don't want to sound unfriendly, but I consider "about" as a serious
> mistake.

Yes. And no.

> Talking "about" Free Software is what we do the whole time.

True. Therefore it's not a mistake. It's a mistake if you want to talk
about the term, but the document doesn't talk about the term alone.
It explains why we speak about Free Software (instead of speaking
about open source or about computers or about linux). Actually
is explains "why we speak about Free Software".

That said, I'm not sure if "speak" or "talk" is better, but I'm not
a native speaker, I think MJ Ray would have complained if it's wrong.

/alessandro