The FSF Europe recommends: avoid SourceForge

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Tue Nov 13 08:33:40 UTC 2001

On Tuesday 13 November 2001 5:29 am, you wrote:
> > No-one will benefit from VA going under right now, least of all FSFE if
> > their hands have blood on them.
>
> Ah, seems what we have here is a dilema.. ;)
> Do we disagree with what they are doing, but acknoledge that the good
> outweighs the bad, do we personally try to find and encourage other
> solutions, or do we make ourselves loud...

I think the problem also stems from Loic's (& others) inability to do
anything useful with the codebase as it stands: I'm under the impression
maintaining & extending SF is incredibly difficult currently; which doesn't
surprise me because I had the same problem a while ago (maintaining a SF).

It's not really much good to attempt a fork in this instance.

BTW - another respository is www.tigris.org, but that's limited to certain
types of project.

John, get yourself on fsfe-uk at gnu.org :)