Logos - something entirely new

Markus Fleck fleck at xmailer.informatik.uni-bonn.de
Fri Mar 23 11:54:01 UTC 2001

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 08:30:57PM +0100, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> The logo is purely text based (which is a benefit for many reasons
> like simplicity and no problem with symbolisms) and should be easy to
> recognize in any size.
> [...]
>   http://www.gnu.org/people/greve/fsfe/fsfe.html

Hmmm... how about using a variation of the new FSF logo,

  http://www.gnu.org/graphics/fsf-logo.html ???

I must admit that I don't particularly like the type face used
for the new FSF logo, but as the logos of the FSF and the FSF Europe
turn out to be sufficiently similar, it might make sense to use a
common "base CI".

Yours,
Markus.

PS: CI = corporate identity; a term used in advertising to describe
    consistens and easily recognizable appearance of an organisation