Logos - something entirely new

Josef Dalcolmo dalcolmo at vh-s.de
Fri Mar 23 08:39:20 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Georg C. F. Greve" <greve at gnu.org>
To: <discussion at fsfeurope.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 8:30 PM
Subject: Logos - something entirely new

>The logo is purely text based (which is a benefit for many reasons
>like simplicity and no problem with symbolisms) and should be easy to
>recognize in any size.

I like it too. Much better than the stupid looking gnu. Had something
similar in mind, but haven't found a way to put it into pixels.
Any of the shown logos would make a really nice letterhead. However for a
general purpose logo I would suggest to limit the width a bit more.

Perhaps just FSFe or making the 'europe' smaller.

Perhaps 'europe' _under_ the FSF letters (to get a more compact logo).

- Josef