Unesco

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at tiscalinet.it
Tue Jul 24 20:18:43 UTC 2001

Loic Dachary wrote:

>         Hi,
>
>         A week ago I sent a mail (in french) to Unesco people listed
> on the page http://www.unesco.org/webworld/portal_freesoft/ you
> mentionned in your mail (12 July). I got no reply at all. I also
> tried to call them but they were too busy.

Nice to hear that someone has made something about that.

>         I turns out that the guy who actually wrote the content of the
> pages (Stephane Fermigier) is well know to have a "pragmatic" attitude
> and is a proeminent advocate of Open Source altough is pretends this
> is the same as Free Software. Therefore the content of the web site
> was not much of a surprise.
>
>         I'm not exactly sure what else we can do at present. We cannot
> force people, we can only talk to them if they want to. And apparently
> Unesco is not willing to hear from us at present.

Well, Unesco is a department of the united nation, if the direct responsible person
does not want to hear at our question, we may ask the Unesco if this is really
the Unesco vision, and above that if it is also the United Nation vision.
It is only a matter to find someone above Stephane Fermigier to deal with.
(I'm not saying this is easy, just the thing to do.)

bye,
Simo.

--
Simo Sorce