Unesco

Loic Dachary loic at gnu.org
Tue Jul 24 13:49:16 UTC 2001

	Hi,

	A week ago I sent a mail (in french) to Unesco people listed
on the page http://www.unesco.org/webworld/portal_freesoft/ you
mentionned in your mail (12 July). I got no reply at all. I also
tried to call them but they were too busy.

	I turns out that the guy who actually wrote the content of the
pages (Stephane Fermigier) is well know to have a "pragmatic" attitude
and is a proeminent advocate of Open Source altough is pretends this
is the same as Free Software. Therefore the content of the web site
was not much of a surprise.

	I'm not exactly sure what else we can do at present. We cannot
force people, we can only talk to them if they want to. And apparently
Unesco is not willing to hear from us at present.

	Cheers,

Loic   Dachary         http://www.dachary.org/  loic at dachary.org
24 av Secretan         http://www.senga.org/      loic at senga.org
75019    Paris         Tel: 33 1 42 45 09 16        loic at gnu.org