Translation of that German reply about LinuxTag

Georg C. F. Greve greve at gnu.org
Wed Jul 18 15:51:48 UTC 2001

Hi Em,

 || On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:41:58 +0100 (BST)
 || E L Tonkin <py7elt at bath.ac.uk> wrote:

 elt> You've committed an elementary error here.

I'm sorry you felt attacked and apologize.

I was quite aware that you merely translated it. But since it wasn't
marked as a citation in the original mail, my mail user agent gave
these lines your prefix. It wasn't entirely wrong as you *did* write
it (even if it was merely a translation), so I didn't think anything
of it.

At the time I thought everyone reading the thread would understand it
and not attribute those sentences to you even though the quoting
looked that way.

I must admit that my replying to you in the first person probably
didn't help, though.

So I apologize for creating such a mess. If it helps: I never
attributed those statements to you.

Regards,
                Georg

--