Logo considerations

Georg C. F. Greve greve at gnu.org
Tue Jan 2 17:10:18 UTC 2001

 || On 02 Jan 2001 16:57:35 +0000
 || MJ Ray <markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

 mr> However, I reluctantly cede that the population at large seems to
 mr> associate the twelve stars with the predominantly western
 mr> european 16 (?) member EU.  Why this is, I am totally confused
 mr> by.  It's not like EU bodies are the only or were the first to
 mr> use them.

But they are the ones who use them all the time. It's completely
Pavlovian, I guess. :)

 >> So could you please do a big high quality version of the GNU &
 >> Europa motive without eyes with the map in the background, Anja?
 >> I'd love to see that... we can play around with the colors then,
 >> too...

 mr> Please please please draw it as PostScript if at all possible.
 mr> Then we really can scale and play around with it (eg use
 mr> horizontal striping to get a black/white printer version).
 mr> Thanks.

Postscript is good for using it later. But it is not the best format
to have it or create it in - the xcf files for GIMP are just fine
especially since they contain more information than the postscript
files. Stuff can always be converted into postscript, the other way
round is more difficult.

Later,
        Georg

--