Free Software Magazine

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 4 10:34:41 UTC 2001

Jan:
> The FSM should be an instrument to communicate to others
> rather then to ourselves.

I think that the direction of the FSM is a matter for the FSM.  It seems to
be a developer-orientated magazine, which is probably useful.  I do not
share your belief that most developers have ample accurate information about
free software.  Why do you think there is so much GPL FUD even from the
ranks of GNU/Linux developers?

> A free software magazine is missing since all the Linux
> magazines turn to proprietary products more and more.
> Most appear not capable to explain free software, some
> authors even have not understood the concept.

Yes, I think that producing regular articles on Free Software is a useful
task for FSFE and their associates.  We are probably quite unique in having
an area with lots of magazines in it, if only because we are split into many
parts by languages and jurisdictions.  This is definitely a line I want to
pursue in the UK and I think others here agree.
--
MJR