[Fellowship Zurich] Open Agriculture / Food Computer in Zurich

Gian-Maria Daffré gian-maria.daffre at giammi.com
Do Mai 4 11:17:26 UTC 2017

Hello Daniel,

Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.pro> writes:

> I hope "Food" in the subject line got everybody's attention

Got mine.

> Somebody started a group[1] on Meetup trying to bring the MIT OpenAg[2]
> initiative food computer to Zurich.
>
> This is a hot topic at the moment, Caleb Harper's TED video[3] shows
> exactly what it is.

Interesting talk.

> It could be a good opportunity for FSFE involvement as the software is
> free and the recipes (for growing things) are also free as in freedom.
>
> Would anybody want to build[4] one of these things?

Do you have a estimation of the costs involved for this?

> Would anybody have any ideas about other local groups (ecology, culinary
> or technically-minded people) who should be invited?
>
> I already sent details to a couple of student groups at ETH that appear
> relevant, including SeedCity[5] and The Alternative[6]

At the moment I can only think of the ZHAW in Wädenswil. They have a
Master in Environment and Natural Resources [1]. If you scroll down you
will notice that they have a event on the 20th of May.

Best,
Giammi

Footnotes:
[1]  https://www.zhaw.ch/en/lsfm/study/master/master-of-science-in-environment-and-natural-resources/