[Fellowship Zurich] Open Agriculture / Food Computer in Zurich

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Do Mai 4 12:18:47 UTC 2017

On 04/05/17 13:17, Gian-Maria Daffré wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.pro> writes:
>
>> I hope "Food" in the subject line got everybody's attention
>
> Got mine.
>
>> Somebody started a group[1] on Meetup trying to bring the MIT
>> OpenAg[2] initiative food computer to Zurich.
>>
>> This is a hot topic at the moment, Caleb Harper's TED video[3]
>> shows exactly what it is.
>
> Interesting talk.
>
>> It could be a good opportunity for FSFE involvement as the
>> software is free and the recipes (for growing things) are also
>> free as in freedom.
>>
>> Would anybody want to build[4] one of these things?
>
> Do you have a estimation of the costs involved for this?

I asked that on the forum
http://forum.openag.media.mit.edu/t/proposed-meeting-in-zurich-switzerland-20-06-2017/1818/1

>> Would anybody have any ideas about other local groups (ecology,
>> culinary or technically-minded people) who should be invited?
>>
>> I already sent details to a couple of student groups at ETH that
>> appear relevant, including SeedCity[5] and The Alternative[6]
>
> At the moment I can only think of the ZHAW in Wädenswil. They have
> a Master in Environment and Natural Resources [1]. If you scroll
> down you will notice that they have a event on the 20th of May.

Great, thanks for spotting that.  I sent an email to Prof Bächtiger to
see if there is any official interest there and I might also see if
they have a student association contact.

Is anybody also aware of groups outside the student world, e.g.
environment/ecology activists, farming associations, cooking groups or
others who may be interested?  Things like this provide a great
opportunity to spread the word about free software.

Regards,

Daniel