[WikiCaretakers] country teams mixed with other teams

Florian Snow floriansnow at fsfe.org
Mon Jan 18 20:42:34 UTC 2021

Hi Johannes,

Johannes Zarl-Zierl <johannes at zarl-zierl.at> writes:
> Sometimes I just fall into the mental trap of confusing "I can improve
> things" with "I should improve things" :)

I've never heard of that. ;-)

> Additionally, from a user point of view (both old and new users), would it be
> confusing if we remove the LocalGroups link on the top of the page and only
> leave Teams?

I don't think it would unless someone already knew the term local group
and at the same time didn't know where to find them.  Otherwise, I would
expect them to click on Teams.  The way I see it, logically, local
groups are a team, but a special kind of team.  Most other teams are
virtual, some focus on topics (topical teams), some focus on regions
(country teams), and some focus on a physical presence (local groups).
We could theoretically even name them local teams, but I think that
would increase confusion.  Either way, local groups are in a sense a
special kind of team, so they could be listed there.  We would still
have three distinct categories, though.

Happy hacking!
Florian