[WikiCaretakers] country teams mixed with other teams

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Mon Jan 18 15:27:10 UTC 2021

Hi Florian,

Am Montag, 18. Jänner 2021, 12:53:11 CET schrieb Florian Snow:
> Johannes Zarl-Zierl <johannes at zarl-zierl.at> writes:
> > I'm not really in the mood to tinker too much with the page structure
> > right
> > now, so I left it as is for now.
>
> I'm sorry; I wasn't trying to assign work to you.  I just wanted to know
> what to do so I can help.

No worries - I didn't read your intentions that way. Sometimes I just fall
into the mental trap of confusing "I can improve things" with "I should
improve things" :)

> > Thinking about it again I'm doubting my previous opinion. Maybe the
> > cleanest solution would be to just move the country teams that are
> > currently below Teams into LocalGroups and focus Teams on topical teams
> > only.
>
> I just tried again to look at it from the perspective of a potential
> user looking for information on our wiki and I think perhaps all of the
> topical teams/country teams/local groups should be on the same page, but
> in different sections.  The reason is that they either want to know
> about our structure and then it's nice to have an overview or they want
> to get in touch with the most appropriate group and then again, it helps
> to have a nice overview.  What do you think?

The more I think about it, the less sure I am about the taxonomy.
Additionally, from a user point of view (both old and new users), would it be
confusing if we remove the LocalGroups link on the top of the page and only
leave Teams?
If we remove the link, should we also move those pages into the Teams
namespace?
If the LocalGroups page remains, how do we avoid confusion because of its
similarity to the Teams page?

Cheers,
  Johannes