[WikiCaretakers] country teams mixed with other teams

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Thu Jan 14 12:36:24 UTC 2021

Hi Florian,

Am Mittwoch, 13. Jänner 2021, 22:23:57 CET schrieb Florian Snow:
> I just had a look at our website for teams and I noticed that the
> regional teams are mixed with topical teams.  I think that was separate
> in the past and IMHO, it was better that way because those are quite
> different scopes.  I'm not suggesting different pages necessarily, but
> what about having two lists on the same wiki page?

I just looked at it and it is the way it "always" was. That's not to say that
it is the way it should be, though ;-)

We currently have:

# LocalGroups
- This contains local groups (duh), i.e. what we used to call a "Fellowship
group"
- Country teams

# Teams
- A mix of topical and country teams

> Also, I noticed, this somewhat odd link with the title "Country teams
> don't all use the wiki" at the bottom of this list which then takes me
> to https://fsfe.org/contact/contact.en.html

The link used to go to https://fsfe.org/contact/local.en.html, which seems to
have been abandoned in favour of the wiki. I have "fixed" this by removing the
sentence.

> I find that a bit confusing.  What about you?

Yes, definitely.

IMO "country teams" should be displayed on the Teams page, maybe distinctly
from the topical teams.
Maybe the local groups could be moved below the "Teams" page as well, but I'd
like to hear other opinions on that...
Finally, we could possibly hide the inactive local groups in a sub-page, like
we do with inactive teams.

Opinions?

Cheers,
  Johannes