[WikiCaretakers] country teams mixed with other teams

Florian Snow floriansnow at fsfe.org
Thu Jan 14 22:14:04 UTC 2021

Hi Johannes,

Johannes Zarl-Zierl <johannes at zarl-zierl.at> writes:
> IMO "country teams" should be displayed on the Teams page, maybe distinctly
> from the topical teams.

I agree, but I have no strong feelings about having them on the local
groups page either, as long as they're listed separately.  I mean it's
possible that someone wants to start a local group and their best point
of contact is the country team.  So either way makes sense to me.

I think the reason for the mix may be that Jonas at some point asked us
to combine country teams and local groups.  I remember arguing that they
were serving different functions.  But it doesn't matter now I guess if
it's confusing.

> Maybe the local groups could be moved below the "Teams" page as well, but I'd
> like to hear other opinions on that...

I think that might be a nice solution.  The lists are not very long
anyway and that way, we get what I mentioned above if someone needs a
local point of contact and perhaps there is no nearby local group or so.

> Finally, we could possibly hide the inactive local groups in a sub-page, like
> we do with inactive teams.

That makes sense to me.  There's no good reason to handle that
differently here.

Happy hacking!
Florian