[WikiCaretakers] Attention: wiki.fsfe.org and https://wiki-test.fsfe.org are the same wiki

Paul Hänsch paul at fsfe.org
Thu Jun 22 13:13:47 CEST 2017

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 12:11:52AM +0200, Thomas Doczkal wrote:
> while some month ago we had our WikiCareTakers Meeting we noticed that
> https://wiki-test.fsfe.org literally shows the same information as
> http[s]://wiki.fsfe.org. Currently there is no test-wiki available.
> Please have that in mind until we either have abandoned the wiki-test
> subdomain or have a new test-wiki in place instead of the current
> productive wiki.

Thank you for the reminder.

Maybe for Moin it is sufficient to just set up another HTTP VHost on the same
machine. My experience with test setups like this is, that the production
setup can diverge quickly from the test site. So I would propose setting up
some scripting at the same time to copy test content from the main site, and
maybe have some rewrite rule to let the test instance show a different logo or
so.
Could you imagine having a phone call, and shared screen session to set this
up? Lets coordinate over jabber.

--
Paul Hänsch                     █▉            Webmaster, System-Hacker
                              █▉█▉█▉