[WikiCaretakers] Conclusions? [was: Wiki - not open to external volunteers?]

Hugo Roy hugo at fsfe.org
Wed Sep 28 20:45:22 CEST 2016

Thanks for summing up. Let me correct one bit.

Le 28 septembre 2016 21:16:53 GMT+03:00, Johannes Zarl-Zierl <jzarl at fsfe.org> a écrit :
>(2) Hugo mentioned that this is not a solution, as it does not allow
>people to
>subscribe to wiki changes. He said the current process deters people
>from
>getting an account, and that he feels that validation by a coordinator
>should
>not be required.
>Hugo then suggested that we could make wiki accounts a special case,
>i.e.
>allow wiki-only accounts in addition to full accounts (if I understood
>that
>correct)

I don't think the ability not to be able to subscribe to changes is a big issue.

My issue is mainly with lowering the bar for contributions to the wiki.

If the policy is to make the wiki editable by anyone then the current process is way too cumbersome. But from what I understand there is disagreement or lack of clarity on what the policy is. IIRC Albert thinks we should have a quite high threshold to contribute to the wiki (by having to go through someone). I don't see the benefit of that policy. I see practical issues such as spam but I think there are probably easier solutions to such issues.

Anyway. The policy should be stated on the wiki itself in an easily accessible manner. When I sent my original email the info was just not there to be found.

So thanks for fixing that :-)

--
Envoyé de mon appareil mobile.
Sent from my mobile device.