[REUSE] Custom exceptions

Nico Rikken nico at nicorikken.eu
Tue Nov 23 08:24:14 UTC 2021

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure, but I assume REUSE doesn't support exceptions to keep the
code simple and also to align with SPDX principle where specifications
are done on the license level.

If you consider the SPDX license list https://spdx.org/licenses/ there
are already many variants listed for the Creative Commons licenses. As
I encountered a new one (CC-BY-2.5-AU), I just submitted a new license
to the SPDX registration:
https://github.com/spdx/license-list-XML/issues/1171 and
https://github.com/spdx/license-list-XML/pull/1274
I suggest you to do the same for a long-term fix that benefits others.
And for the short-term fix you can define a custom license.

Best,
Nico Rikken