[REUSE] REUSE.yaml

Andreas Cord-Landwehr cordlandwehr at kde.org
Tue Jul 21 19:07:53 UTC 2020

Hi, I really like this idea! It would solve some use cases for me, where I was
waiting for a better solution than the individual file.license files (e.g.
folders with many icons, folders with test data). And I think that it is
important that the file is easy to see, meaning it is not a hidden file. Same
for the fact that it is easy to read by a human.

The only point I am a little bit undecided about is, if one should really
allow arbitrary regular expressions in the REUSE.yaml files, especially going
outside of the scope of the folder the file is stored in. This will make it
harder to detect issues with contradicting license statements. However, the
reuse lint tooling could be the answer for this.

Best regards,
Andreas