[Fellowship-Slovenia] Fwd: [Foundations] Announcing the Paris Call on Software Source Code for Sustainable Development

Matija Å uklje hook at fsfe.org
Mon Mar 11 17:03:02 UTC 2019

----------  Nuntius praecox  ----------

In rem: [Foundations] Announcing the Paris Call on Software Source
Code for Sustainable Development
Die: 9. 03. 19 et hora 20:42
Scripsit: Roberto Di Cosmo <roberto at dicosmo.org>
Ad: Za: FLOSS Foundations <foundations at lists.freedesktop.org>

[This announcement has been circulated broadly, my apologies if
you got it before]

Dear all,
  I'm delighted to share the news of the publication of the "Paris
Call on Software Source Code" that results from months of intense
work in collaboration with Unesco, culminating in a high level
international expert meeting at Unesco headquarters in Paris on
November 6th and 7th that I had the honor to coordinate.

You can find the official Unesco announcement at https://
en.unesco.org/news/preserving-software-source-code-key-powering-
future-software-development
and the Software Heritage blog post at https://
www.softwareheritage.org/2019/02/26/paris-call-software-source-
code/

This Call adresses a broad spectrum of key subjects, ranging from
the core mission of Software Heritage as a universal archive of
softare source code, to the recognition of software developers and
contributors, to the importance of literacy in computing, to the
need to take quality software production into account in academic
careers, to the role of software for the transparency and
accountability of private and public actors.

It is a tool that can be used to promote awareness of the
importance of software in all aspects of our modern societies.

Do not hesitate in reading, disseminating and leveraging it: now
that it has been built, this tool just waits for you to use it!

All the best

--
Roberto Di Cosmo

Computer Science Professor
            (on leave at INRIA from IRIF/University Paris Diderot)

Director
Software Heritage                https://www.softwareheritage.org
INRIA
Bureau C123		     E-mail : roberto at dicosmo.org
2, Rue Simone Iff          Web page : http://www.dicosmo.org
CS 42112		    Twitter : http://twitter.com/rdicosmo
75589 Paris Cedex 12	        Tel : +33 1 80 49 44 42