[Fellowship-Slovenia] Fwd: Document Freedom Day update Germany / Austria -- some ideas for your country

Matija Šuklje hook at fsfe.org
Thu Feb 25 23:31:57 UTC 2010

----------  Posredovano sporočilo  ----------

Zadeva: Fwd: Document Freedom Day update Germany / Austria -- some ideas for your country
Datum: torek 23. februarja 2010
Od: Karsten Gerloff <gerloff at fsfeurope.org>
Za: hook at fsfe.org

hi Matija,

I hope you're doing well!

Document Freedom Day (DFD) on March 31 is drawing closer, and we
want to start the international DFD campaign on March 1 -- that's
next Monday.

You said that this would be an interesting thing for the Slovenian
Fellowship group to work on, and I agree! It would be great if you
could think up something to do locally.

In the message below, there are a number of ideas for things to
do. It's all about doing something fun that raises awareness for
Open Standards and open file formats.

The coolest thing I can think of is to find an organisation
(especially in the public sector) in Slovenia that makes exemplary
use of Open Standards for their documents, and give them a prize.
In Germany, two Fellowship groups will be presenting a cake with
the DFD logo to a radio station that offers its archives in
Ogg/Vorbis.

The way things are looking, we will probably be able to support
you with a little money for materials (getting T-Shirts printed, a
few props for local action, etc  -- somewhere around EUR 200). But
that funding isn't confirmed yet.

Other things to do would be

 - helping to promote the campaign, by translating press releases,
   microblogging etc.

 - getting other organisations in Slovenia to become partners for
   DFD -- just have them contact Fernanda, who is in copy. She's
   organsing the campaign. Being a partner means things helping
   with the PR, posting articles in the campaign blog on
   http://documentfreedom.org [still under construction], putting
   the DFD logo on their website, etc. Fernanda and I will be
   happy to provide more info.

Are you interested? Please let me know what you think.

Best regards,
Karsten

----- Forwarded message from Matthias Kirschner <mk at fsfe.org> -----

----- End forwarded message -----